Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gossamer Blue Kit Club

So towards the end of last year I started looking for another kit club to join. I was still getting and am currently still getting the kit from The Scrap-Room (which I love) but was looking for something a little different. I had been hearing about Gossamer Blue from other scrappy blogs that I follow and decided to check them out. Boy am I glad I did. I signed up in time to get their January kit and also bought the bits and pieces add on. Plus I received an email from their awesome owner Lori who told me I could purchase the December kit for the subscriber price so I snatched that one up too. I have been able to get 6 layouts from the January kit already! Five of which used nothing but the kits, I didn't dig into my stash for anything. What I loved about this kit and what makes it different from clubs I have belonged to in the past is that EVERYTHING goes together, no matter what manufacturer, product line, etc. I had kinda gotten into a rut where when I pulled out my stuff for a layout I only would grab paper and embellies from the same product line. Don't get me wrong, I still loved how my layouts came out but I wanted to mix it up a bit. This kit let me do just that, I didn't even look at who the manufacturer was when putting these layouts together, if I thought it matched I used it.
I've got 2 of these layouts to share today. This first one is of a couple of photo strips that my friends and I took at the State Fair a few years ago. The pics had been hanging on my fridge but since it drives my Mom crazy how much clutter is on my fridge I decided it was time to take them down and scrap them. I love the carnival theme that some of the papers have, so much fun especially the mustaches!
 
 
I'm trying to get better at recording more of my day to day stuff, not just events and such so this is my first layout attempting to do so. I honestly don't know if I was more excited to use my new Polaroid camera to take the picture or to take my new running shoes on their first run. Either way I'm glad I took the extra couple of seconds to take the picture.
 
 
Be back tomorrow with a few more layouts to share!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment